Friday 17 October 2014

Commitment Day – 102 Sleeps



Monday 14th October     minus 8.4 degrees ! 

I have registered for my first competition. 60km therefore 4 – 5 hours of sledding – weather depending of course. It’s a big event which goes over Australia Day Weekend. Perhaps it’s a bit early in my learning curve – but I at least have something to aim for. Just for the recorded – I am not interested in breaking any records. For me – it’s about working with the dogs and enjoying the experience. First and foremost the dogs health and well being is paramount. If I can finish with fit and healthy dogs – then we are all winners. Only 102 more sleeps.

Training cancelled today.
It has been quite cold during the last few nights which has frozen the ground. On one hand this is good but on the other this is bad, Good because the frozen ground provides a seal. So when the snow comes – it gathers on the top and therefore starts the first layer instead of seeping into the ground, making it wet and mushy. The bad side. The dogs paws, tendons and muscles can be injured when the ground is so hard.


 Come 7pm the snow starts to fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment