Sunday 28 September 2014

Shower Day



Saturday 27th September –  3.3 degrees

SHOWER DAY !! 

Just to set the record straight.. shower day does vary. But I don’t get a shower every day. Sometimes it’s one every two day. One every three days. This time around it will be 5 days without a shower. The training cabin has a shower of sorts however one needs to light a fire in order to warm the water that comes from the stream. And to be honest – although it sounds appealing, I don’t have the inclination or time to fiddle about with such fuss. So I go dirty. The autumn training cabin is somewhat remote, it’s 20km to the nearest crossroad and therefore the nearest petrol station / shop. About 1 hours drive to the bosses house, which has the best hot shower north of the Arctic Circle (well I think so at the moment). As the crow flies – it’s not that far. But the fjords need crossing and the only way is to go around. Not that I am complaining, it is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment