Sunday 28 September 2014

Brake malfunction



Friday 26th Septemeber – 3.8 degrees

Tomorrow is Shower Day !
The training route has had to be altered due to the slippery conditions. So the 10km route is half snowmobile track half road. The dogs ran well – but my hand brake snapped on the 100kg training cart. The remaining front brake is not the most pleasant to use. It’s lock and skids. And a locked and skidding front tyre, gives you little control. Added to this the “alternative” rope knot that I use to hold the cart while I load the dogs on the line; well what can I say…. Did not come loose, so out came the knife to cut me free and get me on my way. Arrraghhhh hump !!

After training I realized that I was still suffering from tiredness….. I am just to do the bare minimum today and hopefully get a couple of hours sleep in the middle of the day….

It’s still raining….

No comments:

Post a Comment