Tuesday 4 November 2014

Lights and Ice



Northern Lights
Saturday 25th October
But not all is negative – we have been blessed with some fantastic displays of the northern lights…. I wonder if I will ever get bored of this natural phenomenon that draws people in there thousands from all over the world. I don’t think I will. It changes so quickly – from a faint almost non existent glow to a dramatic display that stretches all across the sky. I spent an hour head tilted backwards with a guest whom I met at 3am in the morning whilst on my “restocking the fire” shift. It was a magical experience.







 
Ice
Wednesday 29th October
So we may not have the snow – but as mentioned we have ice. The ice on the ground is hazardous – but the ice forming like stalactites from the water cascading down steep rock formations are spectacular. Creating “Aero Bar” shaped bubbles at the base – it’s a photographers dream

No comments:

Post a Comment